You know how some people say to share your goals with others and you’ll be more likely to accomplish them? I was never big on that. I understand an accountability partner maybe, but when it comes to personal goals that I am truly focused on achieving, I prefer to keep them to myself. I don’t know if this is a good or bad thing. If you do the opposite I am not saying you are wrong or right. This is just how I’ve been operating. I set goals for myself regularly but with this new year upon us I thought I would step out of my comfort zone and share some of the things I’d like to do, be better about, and accomplish in 2015. These are not all my goals as I have some I’d still like to keep to myself, but I thought I’d share a few because who knows, maybe I’ll end up accomplishing more by doing so…
- DECLUTTER. I am by no means a hoarder but I do own multiple pieces of clothing that are 10-15 years old… I am making a point to go through all of my “things” and donate as much as possible. I don’t know why it is so hard for me to let go of little shirts here and there that “I just know I’ll wear one day!” yet they haven’t seen the light of day for years. My goal is for this decluttering process to take place in all parts of my life (closet, desk, car, head…) in an effort to simplify life and reduce stress.
- EAT FRUIT EVERY DAY. I will have a strong immune system!
- EAT GREENS EVERY DAY. I will have a strong immune system!
- EXERCISE A MINIMUM OF 3 DAYS/WEEK. Since retiring from college soccer almost 5 years ago where I trained 6-7 days/week, my workout regimen has continually deteriorated. I am making a commitment to myself to do some form of exercise at least 3 days a week so I can get back on the right path of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- DEDICATE A MINIMUM OF 2 HOURS PER WEEK TO LEARNING SPANISH. I use to know Spanish fairly well since my mother spoke it to me as a child (she is from Cuba) and I took classes in high school and college. It is amazing what not practicing a language for 6 years will do… I feel as though I forgot everything. I don’t know if it is that I feel guilty not knowing Spanish since I’m half Cuban, or that I know being fluent in Spanish would be beneficial, or maybe I’m just tired of my mom griping at me that I don’t respond to the waiter in Spanish when we go eat Mexican food, but I recently bought Rosetta Stone (they had a crazy good sale!) and am committing to dedicating 2 hours per week to relearning it!
- WASH MAKEUP OFF FACE EVERY NIGHT. So simple yet somehow so difficult for me to do consistently. I WILL take better care of my skin!
- GET ALLERGY TESTED (then actually TAKE the medicine prescribed…). I have procrastinated in getting allergy tested for years and never consistently take allergy medicine that is prescribed to me which results in many allergy attacks and many sinus infections throughout the year. I am so SICK of being SICK all the time so I am going to attempt to do something about it! (Also see #2, #3, #4)
- GO SOMEWHERE I’VE NEVER BEEN BEFORE. Traveling to new places and learning about different cultures and ways of life is something that is very important to me. There is so much world out there to experience!
- VISIT MY BROTHER IN LA.
- COMPLAIN LESS. It’s easy to complain about the tiniest things that happen on a daily basis because in the moment, it seems justified. When in the big picture, it’s probably not that big of a deal. My goal is to take control of the things I complain about and either do something about it or quit complaining! *Note #10 is Complain “Less”- we all need to vent every now and then 🙂
- HAVE A MORE POSITIVE MINDSET.
- SMILE MORE. Not that I don’t smile and laugh everyday, but sometimes it is easy to get caught up on negative moments in life rather than the positive. Whether I’m dealing with stress at work or at home, it’s likely I have a frown on my face often. By simply making the conscious choice to smile more I think in turn it will put me in a better mood. There are so many reasons in this world to smile and my goal is to do it more!
- BE ON SOCIAL MEDIA LESS. I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling like checking Facebook or Instagram is practically second nature when you have a free moment. Mindless skimming through statuses and photos cannot be good in heavy doses so I am vowing to check social media less and dedicate that free time to something that is beneficial and/or productive. (See #4, #5, #15)
- READ MORE BOOKS. I am currently reading #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso and have Lean In by Facebook COO, Sheryl Sandberg lined up after. Less time watching tv and mindless social media, more time reading and learning.
As for The Fashion Hour in 2015, I cannot wait to share more happy hours, more affordable outfits, more travel posts, and maybe a few new things along the way! THANK YOU to everyone who reads and supports The Fashion Hour. It means more than you know!
2 Photos on left by Taylor Gardner//3 Photos on right by Ansley Beth Photography
CHEERS TO A HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2015!!